200 Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training - Summer 2017
Whether you're looking to teach or if you’re simply looking to bring your yoga practice to a deeper level, join the 2017 Vinyasa Teacher Training Program at Thames Street Yoga. Led by Patti Doyle, ERYT), Lori Pagliaroni, ERYT, and Erin Coonan Schmidt (RYT) the 200-hour, Yoga Alliance certified program draws extensively from the Krishnamacharya and Sri Dharma Mittra lineage and a love and experience with all types of Vinyasa yoga.
On this four-month journey together, we explore and honor the ancient teachings of yoga, its impacts on our physical and energetic bodies, the art of synchronizing breath and intention and the science of Vinyasa Krama – creating sequences and patterns designed to open and release specific body parts and energy centers.
Specifically, we will broaden our understanding of yoga and ourselves by learning:
- How to bring these individual poses to life by creating dynamic, intelligent sequences.
- Physical anatomy of the body so that you might guide students to deepen a pose, modify due to practice level or injury and know what parts of the body work, and equally important, relax in specific poses;
- Meditation, pranayama and room-centering techniques, including Sanskrit chants.
- Partner Yoga
- Subtle anatomy including the meaning of chakras, bandhas, koshas, nadis, vayus, marma/acupuncture points and how these are influenced by specific asana and pranayama
- Yogic Philosophy as taught in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita and BKS Iyengar's Light on Yoga
- Marketing strategies for becoming – and staying! – a yoga teacher, and the universal the Code of Ethics and Standards required to become a yoga teacher.
$2800: early-bird registration paid in full by March 1, 2017.
Tuition fee includes a non-refundable $50 application fee, and does not include reading materials, props, food, or lodging. Payment may be made by check to Thames Street Yoga, or by Visa or MasterCard. A full refund less a $50 application fee will be made if an application is not accepted for any reason.
$75 fee for this option which will be included in and divided among the 6 payments. There will be 6 payments $500 for the full price of $3000. These payments would be made over the first 6 months of the Teacher Training Program with the last payment being made December 2016.
Requirements (during training)
- 200 contact hours
- 5 Hours of Seva or volunteerism
- Successful completion of mid term exam, various quizzes and a final 30-minute class taught to your peers
- All homework assignments
- Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali translated by Sri Swami Satchidandanda
- The Bhagavad Gita translated by Eknath Easwaran
- Functional Anatomy by David Keil
- The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- Light on Pranayama by BYS Iyengar
- Jivamukti Yoga by Sharon Gannon and Davide Life
- The Yoga Tradition by Georg Feurstein
- Yoga, A Yoga Journal Book compiled by Linda Sparro
- Ray Long Anatomy Mat Companions, Volumes 1-4
All Sessions are 3-Day Intensives
Fridays: 6 pm - 9 pm | Saturdays: 8 am - 4 pm Sundays: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
June 16 - 18
June 30 - July 2
July 14 - 16
July 28 - 30
August 11 - 13
August 25 - 27
September 8 - 10
September 22 - 24
October 6 - 8
October 20 - 22
If you think this path might be for you submit your application below! Looking for more information? Contact Patti Doyle, firstname.lastname@example.org, Lori Pagliaroni, email@example.com or Erin Coonan, firstname.lastname@example.org Stay tuned for updates!