As I lay in savasana after a particularly deep vinyasa class I feel as though every cell in my body has been touched. But it’s more than that. I somehow feel lighter emotionally and more at peace with my life than I was before I entered the studio. In the clarity that comes when I have this deep conversation with my heart at the end of every practice, I slowly, humbly, and almost shyly wonder, “could I teach a class like this?”.
If a similar refrain has played in your heart and head, or if you’re simply looking to bring your yoga practice to a deeper level, join the 2016 Vinyasa Teacher Training Program at Thames Street Yoga. Led by Patti Doyle (ERYT), and Lori Pagliaroni (EYRT), the 200-hour, Yoga Alliance certified program draws extensively from the Krishnamacharya lineage and a love and experience with all types of Vinyasa yoga.
On this four-month journey together, we explore and honor the ancient teachings of yoga, its impacts on our physical and energetic bodies, the art of synchronizing breath and intention and the science of Vinyasa Krama – creating sequences and patterns designed to open and release specific body parts and energy centers.
Specifically, we’ll broaden our understanding of yoga and ourselves by learning:
- How to teach, really teach, more than 100 poses along with the correct alignment for each and its Sanskrit name and meaning behind it
- How to bring these individual poses to life by creating dynamic, intelligent sequences
- Physical anatomy of the body so that you might guide students to deepen a pose, modify due to practice level or injury and know what parts of the body work, and equally important, relax in specific poses;
- Meditation, pranayama and room-centering techniques, including Sanskrit chants
- Subtle anatomy including the meaning of chakras, bandhas, koshas, nadis, vayus, marma/acupuncture points and how these are influenced by specific asana and pranayama
- Yogic Philosophy as taught in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita and BKS Iyengar's Light on Yoga
- An introductory understanding of Ayurveda, Chinese medicine and nutrition as a compliment to your yoga practice
- Marketing strategies for becoming – and staying! – a yoga teacher, and the universal the Code of Ethics and Standards required to become a yoga teacher.
$2800: early-bird registration paid in full by April 1, 2016.
Tuition fee includes a non-refundable $50 application fee, and does not include reading materials, props, food, or lodging. Payment may be made by check to Thames Street Yoga, or by Visa or MasterCard. A full refund less a $50 application fee will be made if an application is not accepted for any reason.
$75 fee for this option which will be included in and divided among the 6 payments. There will be 6 payments $500 for the full price of $3000. These payments would be made over the first 6 months of the Teacher Training Program with the last payment being made August 2016.
- Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, translation and commentary by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Bhagavad Gita, translation by Eknath Easwaran
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- The Yoga Body by Judith Hanson Lasater
- Light on Pranayama by BKS Iyengar
- Jivamukti Yoga by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- The Yoga Tradition by Georg Feurstein
- Yoga, A Yoga Journal Book compiled by Linda Sparrow
- Ray Long Anatomy Mat Companions, Volumes 1 – 4
2016 Dates: All Sessions are 3-Day Intensives, Friday-Sunday
- May 6 - 8
- May 20 - 22
- June 10 - 12
- June 24 - 26
- July 8 - 10
- July 22 - 24
- August 5 - 7
- August 18 - 21
- August 27 - 28
We will accumulate our 200 hours of contact and non-contact hours during three-day intensives over the course of the summer. Additionally, we’ll punctuate our time together by introducing you to other teachers knowledgeable in the areas of pre-natal yoga, Shiva Rea’s Prana Flow, Dharma Mittra and Ashtanga.
If you think this path might be for you, contact Patti Doyle at 401-274- 2553, email@example.com or fill out the application.